Monday, March 19, 2012

Why I don't think everyone has to vote

I don't think everyone has to vote. I take a lot of flack for it and I'm sure I always will, but it's mostly from people who've been brainwashed. Many of you, before even laying eyes on the next sentence, are already convinced I'm wrong. People like you are at least in partially responsible for horrible election results.

I'll put all this as plainly as possible.

The game is rigged. If you don't want to play, no one should blame you. We all know that the upper 1% controls all of Washington, Republican, Democrat or otherwise. Beyond that, even though they like to give us the illusion that we have some kind of power, the puppets they put up there look like Fraggle Rock hit rock bottom.

Every election I can recall, the majority of people I know have said one of a few things:

"I'm not voting FOR candidate A, I'm voting AGAINST candidate B."
"I'm just choosing the lesser of two evils."
"All of the candidates suck, but I feel like I have to vote."

Those are all really stupid things to say. You can't vote AGAINST someone, it doesn't work that way. You're supporting evil no matter what. You don't HAVE TO vote. People can blow themselves all they want with, "Voting is so important that it's better to at least go in and write in your own name than to not vote!"

Yeah, tell that to the electoral college.

Voting would be important if we treated it like it was, but the fact is, the way we treat it, voting is just masturbating. Voting SHOULD be a well thought out, informed decision like you'd make about any four year commitment.

It rarely is.

Most people can't or won't take the time to really learn about politicians, study their voting records, listen to their speeches or see if they ever actually answer questions. Everyone knows we won't though, so the media makes it about vanity and political correctness. We vote for people based on whether or not they wear magic underpants or who called who a doodie head back in kindergarten.

Then, to add insult to injury, you've got a bunch of public masturbaters out there shoving you into the voting booth. You're armed only with the knowledge of magic underpants and doodie heads and make your decision thusly. Then OMG-VOTING-IS-EVERYTHING folks are so surprised when we end up with someone like George Bush. Say what you want in retrospect, but before the election, he was much more charismatic than Al Gore and if you're going to be bullying everyone into voting as if they're traitors if they don't, that's what you're going to get: A bunch of uninformed dingleberries hanging on to a couple of unenlightened asses.

I'm starting to think a candidate quiz should be required for voting.

....but that's never going to happen, so instead, I'm going to just tell people to stop shoving voting up everyone's asses then wondering why you end up with Santorum. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment